EXECUTIVE ORDER #1-2020
Relating to a Proclamation Declaring a Health Emergency in Response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus
WHEREAS, in December, 2019, a novel strain of the coronavirus was detected, now named COVID-19, and it has spread throughout numerous countries including the United States;
WHEREAS, international organizations, the federal government, state government, and local governments are all working together to contain the further spread of the disease and treat existing cases;
WHEREAS, the World Health Organization has declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, and the United States Department of Health and Human Services has declared a Public Health Emergency;
WHEREAS, the State of Wisconsin has been working to protect all Wisconsinites from the spread of this disease, and to prepare for the impacts it may have on the state; and
WHEREAS, in order to protect the health and well–being of its residents, the State of Wisconsin must avail itself of all resources needed to respond to and contain the presence of COVID-19 in the State
WHEREAS, in order to protect the health and well–being of its residents, the Town of Russell, Bayfield County, Wisconsin must avail itself of all resources needed to respond to and contain the presence of COVID-19 in the Town.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Paul Tribovich, Chairman of the Board of Supervisors of the Town of Russell, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of this state, and specifically by Section 323.11 of the Wisconsin Statutes, hereby:
1. Proclaim that a public health emergency, as defined in Section 323.02(16 ) of the Wisconsin Statutes, exists for the Town of Russell .
2. Designate the Bayfield County Public Health Department as the lead agency to respond to the public health emergency in the Town.
3. Direct the Town Board to take those actions within its authority to protect the well being of all Town residents.
4. Direct the employees of the Town to follow all directives from State and Federal agencies regarding recommendations and procedures relating to this public health emergency.
5. Proclaim that a period of abnormal economic disruption, as defined in Section 100.305 of the Wisconsin State Statues exists within the Town.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great seal of the Town of Russell to be affixed. Done at the Town of Russell this twenty-fourth day of March in the year of two thousand twenty.
Seal Paul Tribovich – Chairman of the Town of Russell