Do I need a building permit in the Town?

Yes, you need a land use permit from Bayfield County Zoning, you may also need a Sanitary Permit and a Uniform Dwelling Code Permit. Your first call should be to Bayfield County Planning and Zoning. They administer Zoning in the Town and can direct you to other permits that may be required.